Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'TouchControl has stopped working' when waking from sleep

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kateh

kateh

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Something has happened to my computer in the last month or so and now every time I wake my computer from sleep or hibernation and unlock it I immediately get an error dialog: 'TouchControl has stopped working' with the options 'check online for a solution and close program' or 'close program'.

This is under 'problem details':

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    TouchControl.exe
  Application Version:    6.0.100.272
  Application Timestamp:    5113b6a2
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.2.9200.16451
  Fault Module Timestamp:    50988950
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0000d1cb
  OS Version:    6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    f00e
  Additional Information 2:    f00e43536776fde1eea4e63c4734c655
  Additional Information 3:    6f15
  Additional Information 4:    6f150d1504726f2ea3971f23cbf218ca

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

As far as I can tell this program is related to my fingerprint reader, which I use to log in and/or unlock my computer. Nothing happens (that I can tell) when I click close program except the dialog goes away. The finger print reader is still on and works. I've tried using windows built in troubleshooter for devices and hardware, but it did no good. Any chance there's someone who can help me get this fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moamen

Moamen

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi kateh,

There's a couple of things you could try, try each step if that one fails.

1. If you haven't done so already, using the model number of your laptop (or the model number of the finger printer read if its for a computer), find the latest drivers from the internet and try installing those.
  2. In search type Device Manager > Right Click > Run.
    1. ​​​​​Locate the finger print reader. It should be under Biometric Devices. It could be under any of the items listed though.
    2. Once(If) found: Right Click > Properties > Under the Power Management Tab > Uncheck: Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.
  3. If both of these fail you may want to try disable fast resume (if enabled). BE CAUTIONED: This involves editing the registry, which may cause fatal system errors if done incorrectly. Only do this if you understand the risks and feel confident you can do this correctly. Though it is a relatively easy edit, if you do not follow instructions it will cause problems. 

If option 1 and 2 failed and you wish to proceed:

1. Search > Regedit > Rightclick > Open
  2. Move to >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidUsb
  3. Right click in the white area > New > DWord Value > Name This New Value: FastResumeDisable
  4. Double Click this new value (FastResumeDisable) > Type 1 as the value > Click OK
  5. Exit The Registry Editor

Hope one of these helps you out.

Edited by Moamen, 30 July 2013 - 02:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users