Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer.exe high cpu usage /running slow

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pcbiohazard

pcbiohazard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi i got a Eee pc asus laptop that is experencing a few problems such as it is running really slow and it has almost all of its hard drive free only 20% used it had alot of adware toolbars such as snapdo, web cake, delta search and some others.  Right now the cpu usage is going from 40 to 90% and its seems to be caused by explorer.exe i uninstalled ie9 back to ie8 but that didnt help and before i did that under updates and windows updates there is no ie9 file there its as if it doesn't exist and ive gotten rid of all the adware using some programs but its still not working right ie loads up and works but im just confused. can you please help me thanks.

Im running the kb971058 windows update tool cuz i tried the kb947821 hotfix to reload the service pack 1 it just finsihed and was unable to fix all problems such as

windows update error 0x800F081F   not fixed

problems installing recent updates   not fixed

crytpographic service componnents are not registered   not fixed

check for missing or corrupt files    detected

Edited by pcbiohazard, 22 July 2013 - 06:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users