Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Referenced Memory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bkaren96

bkaren96

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:08 AM

:thumbsup: Ok, I really did it this time! I work at a school with no technology person right now...so guess what...me with about 1 yrs. (home) experience is the inhouse "expert" long story short. I updated my principal's wndows 2000, he needed 35 critical updates, also updated his microsoft office 2003. Now, here's my problem. Whenever computer starts up (without clicking on a program etc.) here's message:
"06000208a referenced memory at ox003d06b7 the memory could not be written"
Please help me save face (and job!) any advice?

bkaren96

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

I can sympathize with you, bkaren. I'd like to help, but I'm no expert.

You might know about this feature of the windows operating system. Since a version of Windows2000 is involved, this info taken from my windowsXP probably doesn't apply exactly. It might help in some way to see it. I'm hoping someone with win2000 experience will see it and correct me. :thumbsup:
So an error message is shown on screen. One kind will be followed by a second box, which gives you an option to get more information about it. There are several other types. Since many actions done using the system can potentially be listed as 1 of 3 kinds of events,
  • Information
  • Warning
  • Error
you might find more information about any of them by using the Event Viewer built into winXP. An easy way to get there is Start-->My Computer-->right-click select "manage" and you'll see this. Three lists are maintained constantly, Applications, Security & System. Each should be checked for information. All events are dated, so that's often the way to focus on finding a particular error. Locate it, and right-click the highlighted line to get more info. Click a link here to get even more at Microsoft Help & Support Center. I'm not sure how familiar you are with this service, but you'll see the details of the particular error this way. Read the details and then perhaps follow through with the link to the Knowledge Base Articles below the details. At least you can give it the "old college try". Communicate back to us what you find, or questions that inevitably arise when getting Microsoft-style supprt & help.

Edited by phawgg, 18 November 2004 - 08:46 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:13 PM

This could be a driver conflict. Try download and installing all the latest drivers for the video card, sound card, modem, network card, printer etc.

#4 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:40 AM

bkaren96,

As this is a school puter and is prob" a legit copy, I would be emailing MS and asking them for some support, Take a screen shot of the error and send that as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

JTH :thumbsup:
JTH

#5 bkaren96

bkaren96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:43 PM

You guys are the BEST, thank you!!!

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:06 PM

If you have a pair or more RAM, you can have them switch places on the motherboard.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users