Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible I'm infected?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheDuaneBarry

TheDuaneBarry

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi, guys,

Let me try to briefly explain what's going on: I've recently had my internet banking password blocked by the bank and without any explanation as to why. So here I am thinking "am I infected?". My computer has been running normally and I haven't experienced slowness, crashes, warnings or errors of any kind. The only software I've recently installed was from the bank's own website. I've called in and checked with the bank's staff and the software's legit, even though it's absolutely horrible. It installs itself on your and constantly runs a process on the background, taking up some memory. It also install an extension on all your browsers and those extensions run all the time, even if you're not on the bank's website. It sounds fishy, I know, but they told me it's legit (one of the cashiers I talked to at the bank even said she stopped using internet banking after installing it, so awful this thing is).

But, anyways, now I'm really concerned because I can't pinpoint any reason for why I would have my password blocked. They couldn't explain it at the bank and, as far as I know, my computer seems ok.

ESET 5.0.95.0 didn’t find any threats, Spybot didn't find any threats, Malwarebytes didn’t find any threats, HouseCall didn’t find any threats, BitDefender's online scan didn't find any threats, USBScan didn’t find any threats.

I’ve also ran CCleaner and Glary Utilities to clean the registry, history, cookies, cache, everything. That’s all I had. None of them could find anything.

Is there anything else I can do to thoroughly check my machine and have some peace of mind about this matter? I have a DDS log posted on this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501865/what-does-this-mean/

Thanks in advance,

Anderson

PS: The bank in question in Brazil’s Banco do Brasil.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Same computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501865/what-does-this-mean/

Edit.

I'll ask mods to close this one.

Edited by Broni, 22 July 2013 - 08:21 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Closed
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users