Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I enable bass boost or increase it in windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Is there anyway to enable a bass boost or increase the bass in windows 7?

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

One solution posted in the M/soft Forums .......

I believe now their is a bass boost in windows 7. It's pretty much the same thing as in windows XP, except it kind of does the opposite.

To reach it, go into the volume control dial like before in the taskbar, but then click the speakers icon inside of the window.

Go to the enhancement tab, and there should be a couple enhancements you can put onto your sound.

Only thing is, I tried to boost my bass, even though it's fine for me, but it kind of did the opposite.

It opened up the amounts of bass I could hear, but it really dampened it. It makes it clear, but it kind of sucks.

Thank You -

#3 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Thank you.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

The sound of the audio...is primarily controlled by the software used and the speakers themselves.

IMO...the simple way to do what you seem to want to do...is use a player with an equalizer function and/or get better speakers.  Most audio drivers include a control panel for adjusting the sounds processed.

Louis

#5 techbuzztimes

techbuzztimes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Here is a Simple Tip to improve BASS Quality. No software Required. I just Posted it on my blog. Check out [LINK]

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Here is a Simple Tip to improve BASS Quality. No software Required. I just Posted it on my blog. Check out [LINK]

Uuuhhhhh...last time I looked VLC Player was a program (also known as software) and it also fits the "player with equalizer" function that I mentioned :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users