Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor + Systweak Inc. +blocked ESET installation RESOLVED?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ckshatter

ckshatter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi!  Thank you so much tech warriors for your fine work on these here forums.  I mostly wanted to reference another post in which m0le helped another user with the same problem as me.  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344046/google-redirect-in-firefox-ie-proxy-unfixable-after-removal-of-antimalware-doctor-others/

It was unclear as to whether or not this topic helped anyone and I wanted to say thank you so much, it seems to be fixed.  When I tried to download free trial of ESET I got an error message saying something about a proxy but there was no proxy to be seen.  Your instructions were spot on with nothing left out even for non-xp users.  , 

Everything seems better than ever after downloading from your specified links in above linked post (all files saved and extracted to DESKTOP), running MBRcheck as administrator (found the problem, stopped there as instructed), TDSSKiller ("%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l report.txt  <---ran TDSSKiller by copy/pasting this--quotes included to start/search), Microsoft Recovery Console to fix MBR (accessed by spamming f8 at boot-up.  Chose command prompt option and used bootrec command as specified in the link provided in m0le's above post that says "

" ^Section: 

Fix MBR in Vista

"

), and ComboFix (saved to desktop as comfix) the specific way that m0le said.  Now ESET was able to download, update, scan and destroy.  LEGIT ty so much.  I think that's a decent summary, hope I didn't leave anything out.  I felt it was necessary as I have nothing else to offer but my many thanks and +rep.  Not the first time your staff has been the saviour of my computer :)  Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hello -

We are not sure of your problem (since this your first post) or even if you were infected, but each problem, and then each solution, is usually computer specific, due to installed programs and many other variables -

Note that the problem you link to was on an XP system, while you have posted this under Vista operating systems which is not the same related Operating System...

We know nothing of your exact problems and even the steps that you took from the post (not all related to Vista).

A the topic was posted in 2010, these infections do change slightly over time and require specific fixes.

The summary is to just be "very careful" when you follow other posted solutions for similar problems.

Thank You -

#3 ckshatter

ckshatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

The problem was that ESET had a communication error when I tried to install it.  Also when googling, I would click on a link from a trusted site and it would send me to some random site.  m0le wrote the post with options for Vista users having a similar problem.  I just wanted to verify that all the steps listed within his post worked for me on Vista.  I followed every bit of it except the section about burning a windows recovery console cd because I pressed f8 at boot instead. 

#4 ckshatter

ckshatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I guess that's google redirect or something?  But I could hit back and click on the same link 3 or 4 times until it finally went to the trusted site I was clicking on.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

You really should post your own topic in the Am I Infected? What Do I Do?.  The topic you were reading may have a great deal in common with your problem/s, but there are usually differences which would require different tools to correct.

Combofix is a powerful program and should not be run without the guidance of one our MRT members who are trained in the use of this program.  Improper use of this tool can cause more trouble for your computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 ckshatter

ckshatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

TY, I will do that just to be sure, much appreciated.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users