Hi! Thank you so much tech warriors for your fine work on these here forums. I mostly wanted to reference another post in which m0le helped another user with the same problem as me. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344046/google-redirect-in-firefox-ie-proxy-unfixable-after-removal-of-antimalware-doctor-others/
It was unclear as to whether or not this topic helped anyone and I wanted to say thank you so much, it seems to be fixed. When I tried to download free trial of ESET I got an error message saying something about a proxy but there was no proxy to be seen. Your instructions were spot on with nothing left out even for non-xp users. ,
Everything seems better than ever after downloading from your specified links in above linked post (all files saved and extracted to DESKTOP), running MBRcheck as administrator (found the problem, stopped there as instructed), TDSSKiller ("%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l report.txt <---ran TDSSKiller by copy/pasting this--quotes included to start/search), Microsoft Recovery Console to fix MBR (accessed by spamming f8 at boot-up. Chose command prompt option and used bootrec command as specified in the link provided in m0le's above post that says "
" ^Section:Fix MBR in Vista
), and ComboFix (saved to desktop as comfix) the specific way that m0le said. Now ESET was able to download, update, scan and destroy. LEGIT ty so much. I think that's a decent summary, hope I didn't leave anything out. I felt it was necessary as I have nothing else to offer but my many thanks and +rep. Not the first time your staff has been the saviour of my computer Cheers!