Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 display flickering like it's XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys. 

This is really difficult to explain but i'll do my best.

When I load up my Laptop, occasionally it will display colours schemes to look like XP and not my colour scheme, but then if i click google chrome the top bar (right at the top) would be what an XP internet browser looks like and such and then it'll flicker for a bit until it comes back to my normal chrome bar (This isn't anything to do with chrome). 

When I close all application that this is happening too it'll then go away and my PC will be normal.

Any advice?

Craig

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi -

Basic information from M/soft Windows 7 help topics.

To change the default Windows color scheme, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Display, and then click the Appearance tab.
  3. In the Scheme box, click the color scheme you want.

If you want to define a custom color scheme, click a screen element in the Item box, and then click the color you want in the Color box.

NOTE: For screen elements that contain text, you can also specify a font style, size, and color.
  4. Click OK.

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users