Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

make a folder override the 'sort by' property of a drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Google isn't giving me any hits... I need a folder to ALWAYS stay at the top of the files & folders in a directory regardless of what the directory is sorted by... I have one particular folder that needs to remain first in the directory for easy finding and I need it to ALWAYS remain first in my directory despite its date properties when the drive is sorted by date... can someone link me to a program to do this in Windows???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

How critical is it that you have your folders sorted by date ?  If it isn't critical, then sort alphabetically and rename the folder from 'folder_x,y,z' to 'aaa_folder_x,y,z' .

If date sorting is critical I don't think you can do it, as file and folder sorting is essentially handled by Windows Explorer and you are stuck with the options in that.  You could try any one of a number of alternatives to Windows Explorer but I have no experience of using them, or of how well they work. Here are 15 for you to look at !

http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/10/11/10-windows-explorer-alternatives-compared-and-reviewed/

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users