Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Partition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BatMasterson

BatMasterson

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Greetings,

On one of my XP Home Boxes I removed the Recovery Partition due to it being  corrupted. Is there a way to repartition that for recovery needs?

Thank You

Edited by BatMasterson, 21 July 2013 - 04:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rcxman

rcxman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

I wouldn't worry about that much, if your windows works fine then no worries. What type of computer is it anyway, some have the recovery on the CD's.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

On one of my XP Home Boxes I removed the Recovery Partition due to it being  corrupted.

How did you determine that the recovery was corrupted?

Does this partition show up in My Computer or DisK Management?

How did you remove the partition?

Is there a way to repartion that for recovery needs?

Do you just want to recover the partition space so that you can use that portion of the hdd?

There are two tools which will probably cover most contingencies if this is the case, Partition Logic, and Partition Find and Mount.  I would suggest reading the literature about both before using either program so you will know what they do and how.

It's usually a good idea to include the make and model of the computer being discussed. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 BatMasterson

BatMasterson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

It is an Compaq Presario SR1617CL Desktop PC.

HP no longer has the recovery cd`s. After the box was allocated to a different task it was Destructive Recovery mode that stated the partition was corrupted, I had to destroy it to reinstall XP.The partition is gone thus no longer in Computer Management. I had to use an XP SP3 disk that proved a hassle due to an HP patch that must be installed prior to installing SP3.

I was just curious if I could save some trouble and make an recovery partition but that seems like more of a headache.

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users