Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons won't change for pictures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nuggles58

nuggles58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

I have had to do a rebuild of a new system due to a screaming capacitor on my motherboard.  The old computer died last night.

I installed Windows XP SP2, then did all the updates including SP3.  I then installed all my programs.

I use MGI Photosuite II as I need it for my decals for model railways (yeah, I know it's old but it does a good job!).

All my icons for pictures now come up with the MGI logo on them.

I went to my computer, tools, folder options, file types and changed it to the Windows picture and fax viewer which I prefer.

However, even after a reboot, the icons still show the MGI picture not the base windows picture icon.

If I double click, it shows up in the Windows picture and fax viewer which is correct.

It just annoys me with small things like that!

It keeps telling me that it is a "JPG MGI PhotoSuite II Image".

What is the best way to change the icon permanently?

I did one thing by going into my computer, tools, folder options, file types and going new.  Then typed the JPG extension, and it asked if I wanted to dis-associate the extension with what is currently there.  If I say yes, will it delete the MGI extension so I can change it to the appropriate one?

John.

Edited by nuggles58, 21 July 2013 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hello nuggles -

Another idea is to Right click on the program icon and select Properties.

Under the Shortcut section select Change Icon and you will have a list of standard and non standard icons.

Click on one that you want for this program and select OK, then Apply

You can do this for almost any program you have on the desktop -

Just an idea -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users