Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Removal?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 omec

omec

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hello,

Well here I am again. This time the computer is infected for sure. My task manager shows up as a box with no options in it so I can not even look at pids running. I've tried everything I could think of, that's free, from combofix to bitdefender. Nothing is picking up the virus. When I try to run Panda, it shuts down the computer instead of letting it run. I'm not very computer savy, or not as sophisticated as these virus writing people, so can anyone offer a next suggestion?

It started out as the google redirect virus, now it's gone on to something else. It won't even let me use any of the 'Online Scans' unless I download them first, and by then I assume it's written it self out of detection some how.

Thanks for your time,

Omec

Edited by omec, 20 July 2013 - 11:46 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows XP. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 omec

omec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Also, I'm not sure but I think the virus, or hack, whatever it is; is using part of the hard drive/processor because when the computer is sitting and with no programs running. From about 10pm to Midnight almost every night the processor fan starts running non stop. The room is cooled and such, so I know it's not overheating just from sitting here, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users