Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need assistance in cleaning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 vorsybl

vorsybl

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi, my desktop is 2 years old now and I play all my games on it. I suppose the video card is getting outdated at this point, but it still runs the newest games at the very least medium settings. I bought the desktop through a website that assembles the parts that the buyer has chosen for them. I invested most of my money into the processor and motherboard. I have a 3.4 ghz i-7 2600k , which i think is super fast even now for at least a home pc.

Because it was assembled elsewhere, I do not want to break anything inside, especially the motherboard or the processor, while trying to clean it out. There's lots of dust and such and I might want to install a better cooling system. Also, what are some things I can do to prolong the health of the hardware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Since you have a request for assistance with possible malware. Please finish with that topic before asking for help here. You could certainly undo or compound any steps by working two independent issues concurrently.

To avoid confusion and potential issues I am closing this topic.

Once you have competed your Am I Infected topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501708/need-assistance-in-cleaning-a-nasty-infestation/ If you still want to continue here, please PM any Moderator or above and ask to have this topic reopened.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users