Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy once, paste twice!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 redclayhd

redclayhd

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

When I'm on the internet and I copy/paste, I get a duplicate pastes. If I copy "Bleeping Computer", when I paste, I get "Bleeping ComputerBleeping Computer". AND I don't know if this is related, but when I try to use my "back" button, I have to hit my "refresh" button and then hit the "back" button for it to go "back". Both of these problems happen most of the time, but not all the time. I typically use Internet Explorer (most recent version) and Google when on the internet. I'm a "low-tech redneck" and should probably be treated as such in any responses :). I have also been helped with info from this forum in the past- Thank You! Any help this time will be greatly appreciated! Tim. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Are you using the paste shortcut ' cntrl + v ' as opposed to right-click and paste ?

#3 redclayhd

redclayhd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Right click and paste. Been doing it that way for years. Can't think of any changes that coincide with the beginning of this problem. I think it just started all of a sudden. I could be wrong- never been wrong b/4 :hysterical:  but there's always a first time. Thank you, Tim.   

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

I was going to suggest either a sticky 'V' key or a sticky mouse button - following your reply I will now suggest a sticky mouse button !  Try a different mouse, if you don't have one to hand borrow one off a friend or from work, it's cheaper than buying one before you know you need it.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 redclayhd

redclayhd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thank you very much! I never even considered it might be the mouse. I'll try a different one. I have a few lying around but hate to change from the "cordless" one that I'm using now. 

#6 L3DMaN

L3DMaN

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

cntrl + V  -> Paste

cntrl + C -> Copy

#7 redclayhd

redclayhd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Stupid DSL and stupid phone line. We've been without landline phone service for 9 days. Our DSL is from the same company. Internet service is a crap shoot. Most of the time when we try to use it, we lose. I'll be glad when they get it all straightened out. Until then, I guess my "Copy once, Paste twice!" problem is pretty much moot!   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users