Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone won't work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Artemisia

Artemisia

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm trying to get my microphone to work with WOW but either it doesn't work at all, or it records at very low volumes.
I made sure the microphone jack is in the proper pink colored port, making sure the microphone levels are not muted and are on highest levels, downloading the latest Realtech HD software...nothing is working.

I tried using test hardware under Voice, voice recording in the Sounds and Audio Devices in the control panel, but it keeps saying it couldn't detect my voice through the microphone.

The headset is a new Turtle Beach Earforce Z11

I can hear through them just fine though. Also I tested them on my Dell Windows 7 laptop and they work.
Any help please? Thanks.

Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core2 Duo
CPU E8400 @ 3GHz
3.0 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX560
RealTek HD Audio Codecs R2.71

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
So confused.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Hi Artemisia,

You may try adjusting the "Microphone Boost" to the appropriate level, that will amplify the signal from the Microphone using the Windows Mixer by following the steps provided below:

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right corner and click on "Recording devices".
2. Click on the "Microphone" icon and then on the "Properties" tab.
3. Click on the "Levels" tab in the "Microphone Properties" window.
4. Move the slider and adjust the "Microphone Boost" level and check if the voice input is recognized.
5. Click OK.

Please let me know about your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users