Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which part is broken? Laptop screen STILL not working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 forest bayou

forest bayou

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

I have a Dell Studio 1749 running Windows 7.

So this epic started in April (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493181/laptop-screen-white;-external-monitor-works-fine/#entry3039854). Summary: The laptop screen went blank but I still got an image on a connected external monitor. I have since replaced the motherboard, power input jack, internal monitor/display, and the cable that goes from the internal monitor/display to the motherboard. When I turned on the computer after installing the motherboard, I got a series of 6(ish) loud beeps. The screen was still black. I remember that the beeps means it can't find the hard drive (yes?). But I don't know if the screen should be displaying something with the beeps. 

I would appreciate any input. I know most of you will say, "Scrap it and buy a new one!" But I can't find a decent computer that I like (that runs windows 7) in my price range. And I'd really rather not lose the money I have put into fixing this thing. 

Thanks for your help,

-Delusional girl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi Delusional girl,

I appreciate your efforts to fix the issue with the laptop and for providing a detailed description. 6 Beeps Video BIOS or Video card failure. The replacement motherboard's onboard video may not be working properly. You may try with another replacement motherboard and check if you receive the video on the screen.

Please let me know about your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users