Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Contacts location

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zrjmrk

zrjmrk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I have a large set of Outlook Contacts which, when searched for in Vista as individual entries, show search results Folder location as "Contacts (Personal Folders)." This makes sense and I see the file path to these via my PST folder located where it should be: "C:\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst."

My issue is that for another large set of different Outlook Contacts I have (call them "2nd set," none of which currently show up in Outlook), when searched for in Vista as individual entries, show search results Folder location as "Contacts/Contacts-Treo backup 6-17-07 (Personal Folders)." I have searched my hard drive, including hidden folders, and I do not see any other PST files. Thus, I cannot open the Outlook Data File for this 2nd set of Contacts. This 2nd set data does not appear to reside in the main Outlook.pst, at least not where I can find it, as no other choice are shown under My Contact in Outlook. Any idea how I access these Contacts or in which data folder they reside? Maybe it relates to what the "/" denotes in "Contacts/Contacts-Treo backup 6-17-07 (Personal Folders)."

Thanks much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 th3fall3n777

th3fall3n777

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Which version of Outlook are you working with?  If it's pre 2010 then try looking for your .nk2 file.  If it's 2010 or later, then it's a little more complicated. 

Your contacts (unless you're running in an Exchange environment) should be store in C:\Users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook

You can try C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\Outlook as well.

(Note - the above file paths are for Vista/Win7/Win8 - if you have XP, it's a little different.)

Not sure if you're tried this or not, but check out this tool NK2 Edit: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html

Normally the program is used to manually edit Outlook's "autocomplete" file - those addresses that Outlook stores where you just start typing the name and the whole address populates, but in your case, using this program would take you to the location of your address book (contacts). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users