Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't turn on now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BarryBostwick

BarryBostwick

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

After waking up this morning and walking over to my (custom built) computer to wake it up (I always leave my computer on), I noticed my computer was going extremely slow. It took a minute to wake up and show the login screen and then after logging in (I could type at normal speed with characters being entered in on the screen at the same time I type them though) it took another minute to show the desktop. When it got to the desktop, there wasn't any mouse. I tried hitting control+shift+escape to get to the Windows process manager but that wouldn't come up. It was almost like my computer was frozen. I then attempt to hit the restart button on my case, nothing happens. I held down my power button on the case for 15 seconds, nothing happens. I switched off the power feeling like no other options left and kept it powerless for several seconds, and now it won't turn back on at all.

I'm thinking it might be the motherboard that has gone? Any ideas on what it could be or how to test it?

(As a side note, I am not sure if it matters, but I just put a new GTX770 in it this week too)

Thanks guys!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BarryBostwick

BarryBostwick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I found the issue. I am able to turn my computer on via a button directly on the motherboard. I believe the buttons on the front of my case to turn it on/off and reset are busted. Well at least it was that simple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users