I went to the site, and downloaded it first try. Let me explain what I did just to make sure that I am understanding exactly what your problem is.
1. Opened the link in IE6, Clicked File
2. In the Save Webpage
applet, I chose to save the page to my Desktop
, encoded in Western Europeon ISO
. Instead of the .mht file type that was suggested, I switched to Webpage Complete
, which produced an .htm
3. Before I downloaded the page, I renamed it to IE6secure.htm
, because it is always best to have a file name with no spaces. Even with that said, I tested it again without renaming it and it still worked just fine.
4. The resulting download produced an html 4.0
I didn't do anything that I wouldn't normally do, and I sucessfully downloaded the site using Avant, Firefox, Opera, Maxthon, and SlimBrowser
as well. I looked over my settings, and most are at their default levels. Please let me know what you think, for my own sanity.
Hope this helps,