Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection won't work in some applications - virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vecordia

Vecordia

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

This problem has been occuring for about the last 5 days. My internet is acting up in a way I haven't ever seen before. My Steam chat connection and Skype chat connection work fine, but everything else has a very spotty connection. The connection for these applications will stop working for as long as a half hour, start working again sometimes only for a few minute, and drop out again. This process repeats over and over without stopping.

I am running 64 bit Windows 8 on a laptop. I have ran Malwarebytes and Avast, both scans came up clean. Rkill didn't terminate any processes, services, or find anything suspicious other than Windows Defender being disabled, which happened because I installed Avast apparently. I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, all have the same problem. When the internet is down for everything else, I can still make Skype calls/chats and Steam chats, but the Steam server browser reports all severs down, and I cannot connect to the Steam Cloud. I have tried clearing my browser cache, restarting my computer, restarting my router, and reconnecting to the wireless network. None of the processes running on my machine seem suspicious. I don't know if this is a virus, but I can't see how it would be anything else. All of my virus scanners and applications are up to date.

Please help as soon as you can, this is terribly annoying for me! :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi Vecordia

Try the "boot scan" option of Avast. The computer will reboot and do a scan (it can run for many hours) before Windows can start up.

Next try TDSSKiller:

=====================

Running TDSSKiller to obtain log

Note: Don't cure or delete a threat, but choose skip for all instead.

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

tds2.jpg

• In the Additional options: Check Detect TDLFS file system
  • Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

tds4-1.jpg

• Choose for all threats to Skip for all of them.
  • Click Continue
  • Please post the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)

===================================================

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 Vecordia

Vecordia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

Actually, it turns out that I found out the problem after reading a thread on this forum that was made after mine. The latest League of Legends patch apparently broke my internet connection in some way, the minute that I uninstalled League of Legends the issue disappeared. Thanks for the response. :)

#4 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Good to hear, you have found your solution. 

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users