Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android 4.1, font installment - phone crashed - rebooting didn't effect

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 exdii

exdii

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

What should I do? help me pls. I don't know how to fix this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TimMartin

TimMartin

• Banned Spammer
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

If the issue is not getting fixed by rebooting then my suggestion would be to re-install your phone's software...I think that will help...

#3 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

To suggest something a little more constructive have you tried "Safe Mode"? I don't know if all device support it but I know every phone brand I've had has it. You might want to look up your device on google and include safe mode. It's usually a combination of buttons you need to hold when rebooting. It stops most installed applications from loading and works a lot like windows safe mode. The down side is that it will remove most widgets and desktop settings, but that's the price for removing the offending application. If that doesn't work you can load into recovery mode and either try to fix things or do a complete factory reset. This will wipe the phone like new'ish but won't touch things on an external SD card. (I hope you've backed up your contacts or anything else you don't want to lose. In the future you might want to leave information such as make/model of device, ROM (stock or custom), and what you tried to do before and after things went wrong. A lot of people here are good, but we need a little help if you expect an answer. Good luck, Zen

#4 exdii

exdii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

If the issue is not getting fixed by rebooting then my suggestion would be to re-install your phone's software...I think that will help...

Thank you Martin. It's already fixed. It doesn't work if I do it myself. Consulting to knowledgeable android user. :)) Thanks

#5 exdii

exdii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

To suggest something a little more constructive have you tried "Safe Mode"? I don't know if all device support it but I know every phone brand I've had has it. You might want to look up your device on google and include safe mode. It's usually a combination of buttons you need to hold when rebooting. It stops most installed applications from loading and works a lot like windows safe mode. The down side is that it will remove most widgets and desktop settings, but that's the price for removing the offending application. If that doesn't work you can load into recovery mode and either try to fix things or do a complete factory reset. This will wipe the phone like new'ish but won't touch things on an external SD card. (I hope you've backed up your contacts or anything else you don't want to lose. In the future you might want to leave information such as make/model of device, ROM (stock or custom), and what you tried to do before and after things went wrong. A lot of people here are good, but we need a little help if you expect an answer. Good luck, Zen

Thank you zen. What a helpful message. Hope I can do it myself next time if something happen in my android phone. Thank you again.

#6 idomin00

idomin00

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

My Sony Xperia crashed and I did not know what to do......Sony has something like an update manager (Different from the PC Suite).

I connected my Dead Xperia, and then it asked to hold the Volume Down key and then it loaded the drivers and connected. 

(My phone is still a brick not powered on yet). It asked my model and I selected. Then I chose repair phone, and it downloaded the 

"Image" software and installed. 

It asked me to disconnect, and restart, and viola, it's working again....Hope this may help.....maybe your vendor may offer something like this. 

Just an FYI....I did not root, did no hacks, nothing....

Edited by idomin00, 04 August 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#7 qifar313

qifar313

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hi guys,

my mobile also having same problem, after tried to install system font by using ifont app. it has struked with boot screen. I tried whatever to boot in safe mode. if i holding power button & vol + key , its automatically going to recovery mode. I tried in recovery mode also. i wipe the cache, i delete user data. But after reboot it has struked with boot screen. My mobile indian made iball andi 4.5q , android 4.1. 

Please to recover me from this problem. Earlier i rooted the mobile. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users