Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Printer Woes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 6steve6

6steve6

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496221/vista-problems/ - Hamluis.

Hello all, brand new to this site. Looks like it will be very helpful. Here is my problem,
  Just signed up today. I have a printer driver problem. I lost my printer driver from a Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista and a Epson All in One printer. I am set up on WI-FI. Can't even print with a USB connection. I cannot print from this printer from the Toshiba. Have tried every site I could find within the Toshiba and cannot find anything that says there is an error with the driver or is missing the driver.  I have the CD-ROMS and instruction booklets for both printer and Toshiba but they are of no help. I know it is not a printer problem because I also have a Macbook and thru WI-FI I can print on the Epson. But not from the Toshiba laptop. Thank you, Steve

If anyone is kind enough to answer the above post re the printer driver please keep your answer simple. I am not a computer expert. And would have a problem if your reply is too technical. Thanks, Steve

Mod Edit:  Merged posts - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2013 - 08:49 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Does the printer show up as installed on the Toshiba?

If so...uninstall the printer and all printer software installed previously.

Then...attempt to reinstall the printer, following the directions for install provided by Epson.  The drivers for printers are provided by the printer manufacturer and should be available for that model...at the printer manufacturer's website.

Louis

#3 6steve6

6steve6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hi Louis, thank you for your speedy reply. I have tried a reinstall and also System Restore back when this problem first reared its ugly head. But I am not sure or don't remember if I uninstalled first. I will try tomorrow as it is late. Will update you as soon as I know if it worked or didn't work. This problem has been ongoing for several months. Never asked for help before because I was able to print from the Macbook. When I saw this website in Bill Husteds column in the Palm Beach Post I registered and asked for help. My wife and I both spend quite a bit of time on the two computers so that is why I would like to have the Toshiba working again with the printer. She prefers the Macbook so I use the Toshiba. Thanks again, Steve

#4 6steve6

6steve6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good morning Louis, tried uninstalling the Epson All In One printer from the Programs and Features site in Control Panel and when I clicked on Epson NX430 Series Printer Uninstall I got the following message.

"You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Epson NX430 Series Printer uninstall. Please contact your system administrator."

There were a few other Epson places to uninstall but I figured this was the main one. I have had this computer over 2 years and have never seen this message before and haven't the foggiest idea what to do from here.

The following are the other Epson sites that showed up but I have not tried to uninstall those as yet as I figured the one above looked like the main one.----Epson connect---Epson customer participation---Epson download navigator---Epson event manager---Epson scan---Epson net print. Please advise. Thanks, Steve

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Please...uninstall all Epson software....then reinstall the printer according to Epson instructions for such.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users