Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FCD Flashcard Files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 onalandline

onalandline

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Does anyone know how to open a file with a .FCD extension on a PC? I have a few files with that extension e-mailed to me from a friend with a Mac.

Support Our Troops!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Would be helpful to know what application was used to create the file extension. This way we can try to find an alternative for opening the files. Otherwise we are just guessing at several possibilities of what application created them.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 onalandline

onalandline
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Would be helpful to know what application was used to create the file extension. This way we can try to find an alternative for opening the files. Otherwise we are just guessing at several possibilities of what application created them.

I think it was a program called Flashcardlet. Not quite sure. Someone sent me these files.

Support Our Troops!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

If thats the case it looks like this was the app that created them: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flashcards-deluxe/id307840670?mt=8 And they are proprietary to Apple. I am unable to find a Windows application that will open them and render them properly.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 onalandline

onalandline
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

If thats the case it looks like this was the app that created them: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flashcards-deluxe/id307840670?mt=8 And they are proprietary to Apple. I am unable to find a Windows application that will open them and render them properly.

Thanks for checking into it. I just need to get an iPad!

Support Our Troops!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

You're quite welcome.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users