Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup and exit applications automatically, in specific order, Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 abz2910

abz2910

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hi guys,

I have decided to use a combination of cloud backup and sync services to backup my documents, music, photos, videos, etc. As I will have to use a lot of different cloud services (and each consumes RAM and CPU), I don't want all of them to be active at the same time.

I was wondering how to automatically start one service, say dropbox, when the PC starts. It should then sync one item (say my documents) until everything is up to date. After that, it will close and another application like sugarsync will start and sync until up to date. I want to do this continuously for many applications.

I am also going to use either boxcryptor or truecrypt to encrypt my data, and I think that these encryption services must be on before the cloud services turn on.

How can I do this for Windows 7? If I need to create a .bat file for this, what's the code and how can I get it to work on startup? 

Thanks a lot :), I know that this is a tall order!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users