Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help: Windows could not serach for new updates "Error code 80245001"

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MrGadgetGuy

MrGadgetGuy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey Guys,

I need some serious help here. I usually find solution through google and try to resolve it but this time. it looks like that I need a professional help :lol:

I am not able to update windows and I am not sure what happened. It is possible that I might have deleted some file or may be avast antivirus.

I have already tried some steps as below -

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_update/error-code-80245001-unable-to-install-windows/a0930af1-64b2-45ce-a321-5258bd4d20ab

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/error-code-80245001/8dbd369e-01c3-4176-8588-136d4058b621

so here it is, please someone help me I don't want to re-install windows.

Thank you in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Please type into startbar: services.msc

A windows will open:

Check of the following services are started:

• Background Intelligent
  • Cryptographic service  
  • Windows Update service.

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 MrGadgetGuy

MrGadgetGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Please type into startbar: services.msc

A windows will open:

Check of the following services are started:

• Background Intelligent
  • Cryptographic service  
  • Windows Update service.

I've already done but it's good for ref#

bgr9uc.png

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Open Windows Update click on change settings, select 'never update', click ok, then exit Windows Update, now open Windows Update again, click on change settings, select 'Update Automatically', click ok. Exit Windows Update, then open Windows Update and check for updates manually.

I would also run System File Checker. Hit start and in the search box type cmd, then open a elevated Command Prompt by Running as Administrator, then in the Command Prompt windoew type sfc /scannow (note space between 'c' and ' / ') then allow it to run. After running it will produce a CBS.log

Then copy and paste: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will produce sfcdetails.txt. Copy and paste any files that it could not repair.

#5 MrGadgetGuy

MrGadgetGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for reply, please see my comments

Open Windows Update click on change settings, select 'never update', click ok, then exit Windows Update, now open Windows Update again, click on change settings, select 'Update Automatically', click ok. Exit Windows Update, then open Windows Update and check for updates manually. 

Done but no luck, same message appears

I would also run System File Checker. Hit start and in the search box type cmd, then open a elevated Command Prompt by Running as Administrator, then in the Command Prompt windoew type sfc /scannow (note space between 'c' and ' / ') then allow it to run. After running it will produce a CBS.log

Then copy and paste: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will produce sfcdetails.txt. Copy and paste any files that it could not repair.

Tried but nothing came up - here is the pic

cmd_zpse354f279.png[/URL]

#6 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hmm, very puzzling. Can you check and see if all drivers and any third party drivers are up to date? I remember reading about Intel Rapid Storage Technology ( RST ) and purportedly enhancing SATA disk performance.

Regards..................

#7 MrGadgetGuy

MrGadgetGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hmm, very puzzling. Can you check and see if all drivers and any third party drivers are up to date? I remember reading about Intel Rapid Storage Technology ( RST ) and purportedly enhancing SATA disk performance.

Regards..................

I've installed slimdrivers and updated but it's same result. I can't update windows.

Edited by MrGadgetGuy, 20 July 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

No integrity violations mean that no problems were found.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I was wondering if sfc scanned successfuly. Can you go into Event Viewer and look under the "System" section and see if there is a record of "Windows File Protection scan" and if it completed successfully?

Regards...................

@dc3

Thanks for input, but fully aware of that

Edited by sikntired, 20 July 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#10 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Don't remember if you tried these or not :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3132

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858

Edited by sikntired, 20 July 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#11 MrGadgetGuy

MrGadgetGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

I was wondering if sfc scanned successfuly. Can you go into Event Viewer and look under the "System" section and see if there is a record of "Windows File Protection scan" and if it completed successfully?

Regards...................

Sorry but I can't find WPF in event log. May be you can guide me. where should I look in system?

2i9mrrr.jpg

however, I found a report on desktop if it's anything useful for you. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rix60y23eqduip/sfcdetails.txt

Yes I've already tried and it shows that issue has been fixed but can't update windows.

Edited by MrGadgetGuy, 20 July 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#12 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

That was the sfcdtails.txt report that was generated after running sfc /scannow. This confirms that it ran successfully and found nothing to repair or replace. I thought it odd that no report was generated.

It could be a third party program is preventing windows updates. Did you install any programs or made any modifications prior to the issue ?

I would also try running checkdisk using elevated command prompt Run As Administrator then type chkdsk /r then hit enter and allow to run. Outside of that we are running out of options.

I know you don't want to reinstall but it may become inevitable unless someone has any further input.

Regards.............

#13 MrGadgetGuy

MrGadgetGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

That was the sfcdtails.txt report that was generated after running sfc /scannow. This confirms that it ran successfully and found nothing to repair or replace. I thought it odd that no report was generated.

It could be a third party program is preventing windows updates. Did you install any programs or made any modifications prior to the issue ?

The only thing comes to my mind is avast anti virus which might have deleted any file which cause this issue but I am not sure

I would also try running checkdisk using elevated command prompt Run As Administrator then type chkdsk /r then hit enter and allow to run. Outside of that we are running out of options.

I know you don't want to reinstall but it may become inevitable unless someone has any further input.

Yeah it looks to me something is missing ( file or registery) that supports Windows update and I cannot find any solution on web. Re-install means again 20-30 software and drivers instillation.It's a pain for me.

Can you give me default registery file to try and import  then see if it works?

Regards.............

#14 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Did you try running checkdisk.  You might also try disabling your antivirus and try updating.

Other than that, I do not have any other options unless as I said earlier someone can provide the solution.

Good Luck,

Regards...........................

Edited by sikntired, 20 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

This confirms that it ran successfully and found nothing to repair or replace. I thought it odd that no report was generated.

:whistle:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users