Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

chrome window vanishes for split second

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HAJiME

HAJiME

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Seems to happen frequently at random when a page is loading, the entire window just vanishes for a split second so I can see my desktop. It literally is half a second or less.

It's not causing any problems, but it just started doing it these last few days. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome.

If this was a PC, I'd be running virus checkers and stuff... Google isn't throwing back anyone else reporting the same phenomenon. Wondered if anyone here knows what's up?

Probably completely unrelated, but my battery started saying "service battery" at the start of the month. (Speaking of which - is it lying to me? Seems that the battery only started to hold less charge after the Mac told me it was. :P)

Macbook Pro Unibody, OSX 10.6.8

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Seems to happen frequently at random when a page is loading, the entire window just vanishes for a split second so I can see my desktop. It literally is half a second or less.

It's not causing any problems, but it just started doing it these last few days. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome.

If this was a PC, I'd be running virus checkers and stuff... Google isn't throwing back anyone else reporting the same phenomenon. Wondered if anyone here knows what's up?

I have never had a complete browser window do that...but I have had the PAGE within a browser window (i.e. the content of the window, but none of the window elements such as the address bar, buttons, tabs, etc) "flash" at me like that. When it has happened, I generally have a crap ton of windows/tabs open and the system is likely running low on RAM or might be getting taxed on CPU usage.

Probably completely unrelated, but my battery started saying "service battery" at the start of the month. (Speaking of which - is it lying to me? Seems that the battery only started to hold less charge after the Mac told me it was. :P)

Thanks.

For the battery, have you check under System Information (i.e. go to About This Mac under the Apple menu) to see how many cycles the battery is up to?

#3 tgdetjen

tgdetjen

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I had problems with Google Chrome and my anti-virus software.  The anti-virus software kept losing its settings for Chrome.  I like Chrome but I use Safari and Firefox much more.  To finally solve the problem, I signed on to my Google Chrome and deleted the account.   I signed off and deinstalled Chrome.  Two browsers is enough for me.

Chrome is unusual in that it stores your settings on line.  When you are online, do you have the problem with Chrome or only when you are not signed in?

#4 HAJiME

HAJiME
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I have never had a complete browser window do that...but I have had the PAGE within a browser window (i.e. the content of the window, but none of the window elements such as the address bar, buttons, tabs, etc) "flash" at me like that. When it has happened, I generally have a crap ton of windows/tabs open and the system is likely running low on RAM or might be getting taxed on CPU usage.

Thanks.

For the battery, have you check under System Information (i.e. go to About This Mac under the Apple menu) to see how many cycles the battery is up to?

It may well just be the page flashing, I'm not sure actually! Either way, I'm not stressing the laptop at all. Only a few tabs (usually 3) and rarely anything more than Chrome open. According to activity monitor I'm fine.

My battery cycle count IS high... 1000. The battery started to play up at like 996. From googling, it seems I've done well to get that far.

Whats REALLY weird though is that today my battery says that it's normal again. I hit 1000 today. Is that a weird coincidence?

#5 HAJiME

HAJiME
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Eh, now my battery is saying replace soon. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users