Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle Bin Corrupted (Please Read)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 temporaryuser9999

temporaryuser9999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

What happened is that I was changing a users owner setting in advanced security settings and I changed Trusted Installer To another user and then I thought, this isn't a good idea, so i put it back to trusted installer by putting NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller and I wondered should i check the checkbox that says replace owner on subcontainers and objects. I ended checking the box and applied the settings and I thought, maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I put cancel while it was adding changes to ownership and then it said something about a thing being corrupted. I don't know what to do now because I already tried system restore and  it did'nt work. Please respond me on how to put it back to normal. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 roccoadam32

roccoadam32

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/131294-recycle-bin-corrupted-cannot-delete-file-folder.html

#3 temporaryuser9999

temporaryuser9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Also help me on what to do with TrustedInstaller, Should i check the checkbox? what will I do?

EDIT: Is it okay for TrustedInstaller to not have privileges when checking the checkbox and applying?

Edited by temporaryuser9999, 18 July 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#4 roccoadam32

roccoadam32

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

http://www.askvg.com/guide-how-to-restore-trustedinstaller-as-default-owner-of-a-file-or-folder-in-windows/

this may help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users