Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My screen won't show anything

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mto2089

mto2089

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

I am not too much of an CPU aficionado so please forgive me if my explanation/problem below is not too CPU Savvy. I have had a problem with this for about a week now. Have tried to switch screens, switch out the outlets in the back of the CPU(the one that connects the blue outlet), tried two different screens but to no avail. When I turn on my CPU, everything seemingly works. I can hear the sound after the ''Welcome'' signal pops up, i'm able to type my password to allow myself to get on. Its just the screen does not show anything....its just black with the power button as orange/stationary. The screen itself seems to work when not plugged in.....both screens turn on and the green button is on rather than the orange one I get. Its just weird with this and I have no idea what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated....I can get the model names of the screen/monitor if need be if that helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi mto2089

Have you trie this : http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/ht/testmonitor.htm

Regards............

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

It would be useful if you were to post the make and model of this computer.

Do these two monitors work on another computer?

Just to help make things clear, the CPU is the Central Processing Unit which is a component on the motherboard.  Since you have indicated that you have an external monitor I'm guessing this is a desktop computer, also known as a PC.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi, I think you shave issue with your RAM. unplug the RAM and PLUG it again. Restart the machine it will work.

If there was a problem with the RAM the computer wouldn't get past the POST, as I understand it so far the computer is booting, but there is now video.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users