Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up Thin Client

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikekamrud

mikekamrud

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

I am in an education setting and we have around 175 computers that we would like to switch from fat clients to thin clients. The problem is that my knowledge in this area is very limited. I would just like to get an idea of what I am up against. We have 22 sites (off campus) that are not networked currently to us. They are on and intranet and can only go to one URL and it is that of the website we use to communicate with them. What kind of an undertaking would it be to have them all thin clients and pointed to our server at the office? I have looked at the cost of thin clients and we could get them for around $250 per machine. My biggest question is what the cost and work would be to have a server at the main office that can handle all 175 computers at once? I am thinking about bringing this to the school board when I have gathered enough information, so any information you can give me is appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Mike,

This would be a project requiring a lot of work. Do you have any on site I.T. staff? If not, I would HIGHLY recommend obtaining some professional assistance with this. If you are interested, please send me a personal message, and I can get you in contact with the company I work for, and we would be happy to help you with this issue, we have set up numerous schools and other clients with this set up previously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users