Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INTRO

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Poweroo

Poweroo

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hello,

Hazel Bonilla from Austin, Texas.  No, I don't have a southern drawl, I have pointy boots I wear sometimes.

I work for the state of Texas as a systems analyst.  One of my jobs with a team of four (and we are all cross-trained and rotate every 2 weeks), is request service for all types of computer problems using a Remedy portal with the resolvers outsourced to Xerox.  We use Outlook mailboxes to communicate with all the users.  If we had a phone number to give them it would never stop ringing.  We also manage users on an IBM TSO Mainframe(RACF).  We also run reports using JCL and we create new access groups and transaction IDs and connect users to groups, etc.  We also have contracts with external criminal justice entities that use our mainframe (limited access), to search for wage earnings and employees and their employers.  We have local, state, county, and federal contracts.  yup, like FBI, DEA, Secret Service, US Marshals, etc.  You know Texas is a border state so you know Homeland Security ICE is one of our contracts.  We allow them access and reset passwords, revoke, delete, add users.  The attorneys in Contract Management work very closely with us.  We don't just start handing out passwords to anyone. They have to take some IT security awareness training and only the Contract Point of contact can request users to be added, reset, or deleted.  Etc, etc.

We also are administrators of the Ironkeys we distribute to the agency.  There are two other jobs we do, but you have to be internal to understand what we do and it's boring probably, but I love my job and not so excited about my co-workers, but that's another talk show. I am on here to see if I can get some help and I was just going to step inside and get what I needed, but I don't belong to any other forums and this one seems to be right up my way. I am even trying to upload a picture and perhaps get a friend or two. why not. I usually don't like forums, but the topics sound so awesome and interesting.  I love a challenge and RACF is quite a challenge.

Does everyone say this much? I will check and see, so see you in the forums?  Is that dumb?  I'm 57, so I would say something like that.  I do not act 57, not saying I am immature, but I am not uptight and super conservative and stuff.  I have worked out for many many years and just had my left hip replaced, so now I kinda take it easy.  I just started working out again at my own pace. I am pretty fit, but not like I was before my titanium and chrome hip. I never took steroids or went out of control like that, I just loved to workout and stay fit.  I don't have any fake parts like a fake nose or hair plugs or anything like that, just all me.

I had a deep passion for ZUMBA!!! if anyone knows what that is, I was a licensed instructor, but I did not renew, but I still have my groovy tattoo.

So thanks for listening and my nick name is Haze-Bo

Thanks,

Austin

CST.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users