Well done. Just run Defragmenter program if Hard Drive is not SSD -
Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Defragment.
Please allow a bit of time for this to run on any HDD - Do not do this if your HDD is a SSD -
Run a Disk Check on your C: drive (main drive) in Windows Vista or Windws 7:
• Click the Start button and open Computer
• Right-click on C: or your Main Hard drive letter, and select Properties
• Click on the Tools tab
• Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button and click Continue at any User Account Control prompt
• Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
• Click on the Start button
• When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and Restart your computer
• Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so
This will take (on average) 60 to 90 minutes depending on the data on your Hard Drive.
Please allow all 5 stages to run, and do not force a shutdown during the program.
When completed the computer will reboot itself back to Normal Mode.
Now that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is updated, please run a Quick Scan.
When completed a notepad text will open with the results. Please post the results back here
Also :Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free (aka SAS)
* Double-click SAS -setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to Check for Updates to be sure it is current
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
Be sure to reboot the computer after you post the log.
This next program will remove Unwanted Toolbars and many minor infections
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
*Close all open programs and internet browsers.
*Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
*Click on Delete.
*Confirm each time with Ok.
* NOTE : Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
*Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
*You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Once these are complete - Please download TFC, or Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
- Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
- Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
- Double-click on the TFC icon.
- When the program opens, click on the Start button. TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
- When done, press OK to reboot your computer and finish the cleanup.
Note: Depending on how much data is currently stored in the Temp folders, this process can take quite a while to clear all of the unwanted files, so please be patient.
Edited by noknojon, 18 July 2013 - 08:07 AM.