Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Poor Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSe

AndrewSe

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi

Lenovo G580 W7 x64

I just installed an application called camtasia on my new lenovo g580, which is a video making tool. I done a few tests of the sound playback of my voice recording and the sound is really hissy and muffled like speaking into a cup. I tried increasing the system sound and lowering the microphone sound, which helped a little bit but not much. I still get the hissing interference sound in the background.

I used camtasia on my old XP HP laptop and never had this problem.

Any thoughts on proper sound settings I can use or changes I can make to fix this? Camtasia settings make no real difference either as this just slightly alters the settings you already have on the machine, it doesn't trim anything off the sound of playback.

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by hamluis, 18 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi

Lenovo G580 W7 x64

I just installed an application called camtasia on my new lenovo g580, which is a video making tool. I done a few tests of the sound playback of my voice recording and the sound is really hissy and muffled like speaking into a cup. I tried increasing the system sound and lowering the microphone sound, which helped a little bit but not much. I still get the hissing interference sound in the background.

I used camtasia on my old XP HP laptop and never had this problem.

Any thoughts on proper sound settings I can use or changes I can make to fix this? Camtasia settings make no real difference either as this just slightly alters the settings you already have on the machine, it doesn't trim anything off the sound of playback.

Thanks

Andrew

Are you using a built-in mic or an external one? If the former, then you might want to try the latter.

The other thing to try is to test sound recording with Windows 7 built-in Sound Recorder app:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/record-audio-with-sound-recorder

This might tell you if it is a general problem or a problem specific to Camtasia.

#3 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi

It is an external mic on my headphones.

Ok I tried with sound recorder app and firstly the DVD I had in the drive started spinning as soon as I opened sound recorder (no idea why) I then tried recording with my external mic and now the sound application is not responding and the little wheel is going round whenever I hover over it, and has been for the last 5 mins.

Update: I got the windows sound recorder working and tested the sound and is the same hissy and muffled. Also tries the built in mic and it is even worse, the sound is there but very muffled and very hissy.

Andrew

Edited by AndrewSe, 19 July 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#4 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

http://mysoftshop.com/fraps-3-5-9/

download here,its gud for you, :)

It's the sound on my laptop I need fixed not to download another gizmo! I reinstalled the realtek driver and this seemed to help the sound from the internal mic, but when I plug the headphones/mic in it I hear a dull droning sound from playback. I have only a headphone jack on my laptop so I used one of those 2 into 1 plugs but I am starting to think this may be the problem with the sound.

I am going to try a USB headset and see if this improves things.

Edited by AndrewSe, 25 July 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#5 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Ok I got this fixed and here's what I done:

Reinstalled realtek audio driver

After this I noticed sound from recording using built in mic was fine but headset mic was still giving poor playback sound.

As I was using a 2 into one jack for the headset and was only getting sound recording issues from that now I got a USB headset and it worked fine after that.

I do have suspicions about plugging a mic and speakers jacks into one plug and then putting that into a speaker only plug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users