Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD not allowing boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uliadyen

uliadyen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hi there,

A couple days ago I went ahead and downloaded a windows update, and shortly thereafter I began getting a blue screen of death with the kdcom.dll message. Now, I cannot boot up whatsoever- be it any version of safe modes, or last known good config. I've also tried numerous system restores, as well as a vast majority of fixes I've found online.

I don't have another computer available currently to burn a restore disk or anything of that nature. I'm using my phone to post this.

My laptop is a Dell Latitude D820 with windows 7 professional on it; I can't boot otherwise id go ahead and post the dump logs.

Also important to note, almost all the fixes I did find online had recommended a specific scan software, but alas I can't download it. I also don't have any windows 7 restore cds lying around, however I do have a windows xp OS cd if that would be sufficient enough to atleast repair and replace the kdcom.dll file.

Any suggestions? I appreciate all the help ladies and gentlemen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi uliadyen,

Try to open a Command Prompt. Then type in sfc /scannow ( note space between 'c' and ' / '. Hit enter and allow it to run. This will attempt to repair

any missing or corrupt files.

Regards......................

#3 uliadyen

uliadyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Update: using the windows memory diagnostic tool in the boot up repair window allowed me to getting logged in. I've been running anti viruses for some time now trying to make sure its clean, but alas I have one that's still lurking causing a backround advertisement to play over my speakers. Any suggestions on a simple fix I may have overlooked?

Sikntired- I had tried doing that prior to being able to load into windows, and all I got was a message stating something along the lines of " a system repair is in process and is stopping this from running". I do apologize I never got the full message. Also, now that I am loaded in, I'm able to run it and its currently going through the verification process without a hitch. I appreciate it, it should fix the kdcom.dll and allow me to atleast reboot succesfully. Thanks for the assistance.

Ps I do apologize if I have some typos in there, typing on my phone sucks. I refused to use my laptop until its set.

#4 uliadyen

uliadyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Further update: after running anti viruses and file checks, I figured it was safe to reboot and after doing that I got the kdcom.dll error again. Tried running the sfc scan through the command prompt in the repair options, and the exact message I get is "there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again" - any ideas?

This blue screen is definately a hinderance lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users