Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC keeps overheating and turning off by itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robocop321

robocop321

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi there ive had a problem with my PC which has been going on for a while atm.

For instance I am in the middle of using my PC and I notice it just gets so fricking hot that the vents on the side can burn my hand.

I have no idea why it is doing this, my computer also seems to like to just turn off for no reason and I think it is because of the overheating.

I do not know why it gets so hot and does stupid bleep like this.

All I want is for you guys to help me fix this and make my PC as smooth and fast as possible.

Thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BCMusic

BCMusic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Your PC is likely overheating because of dust buildup on your fans and CPU's heatsink. This tends to happen if you smoke around your PC or your PC is in a dusty environment. If you feel experienced enough, fixing it is as simple as taking your PC apart and cleaning the heatsink and other system fans. But you have to clean the residual thermal compound from the CPU/heatsink and then reapply more. The thermal compound can be purchased at various online retailers for ~$7. It's a lot cheaper to do it yourself instead of taking it to a repair shop.

Edited by BCMusic, 17 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#3 robocop321

robocop321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

well that was easy...

I just took the hair dryer and put it on cold-mode and blew it into the vents on the side of the Laptop for about 10 mins and since then for a few hours it has been running fine and it is not getting hot anymore. In fact it is even blowing out cold air o.O :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users