Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nVidia Drivers 2a

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 orenlantis

orenlantis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488609/windows-7-boots-with-no-display-when-drivers-are-installed-gtx-480/ - Hamluis.

I have the same problem my computer does not boot with nvidia drivers, after windows 7 loading screen the monitor is getting black like it is disconnected from the computer.

I have my 480 for over 2 years and it has been working great. About 1-2 months ago I have installed nvidia new drivers (320.18) and I think before that I had 314.xx

after that installation my card stopped acting no matter which nvidia drivers I used it only works with windows native drivers like windows uses in safe mode, I could uninstall the driver via windows safe mode.

I have no idea why installing these drivers made such a mass and I currently can't use my desktop until ill figure out a solution. 

:smash:

Edited by orenlantis, 18 July 2013 - 12:18 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Your simplest cure will probably be to try a system restore to a date before you changed your drivers :- click 'Start / Control panel / Recovery / Start Windows restore'. Here you will be shown a screen with one recovery point, the latest, selected and a button which says 'Show more restore points'. Click on this to see if you still have a restore point dating from before this driver change. If you do, select it then click on the start restore button then just sit back and let the computer work through it. Re-boot, and you should be good to go.

If you don't have a restore point this old, then uninstall the nVidia drivers and see if you can get the earlier version to install again. If necessary, use someone else's computer to download the drivers from the nVidia web-site - save them to a memory stick and install from that - but make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your operating system. I do find it odd that you say the previous drivers were v314.xx and the newer ones are v220.18. Usually newer drivers have higher numbers than older ones which makes me wonder if you got the correct ones for your operating system.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users