Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Won't Open Sites W/ Flash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Don Davis

Don Davis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

Hello, I've recently performed some spyware removal and computer cleanup, and now I can't access any web page that has Flash content. I'm fairly technical and search Internet Options and set everything back at default, as well as tried several other things but it still won't work. When I pull up any page w/ Flash it says "Click to run an ActiveX control on this webpage" and then I click OK and I get an IE error and it closes down.

Any recommendations?

Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

What exactly is the error please?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Don Davis

Don Davis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:01 AM

First I get the standard message that "MS IE has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" and asks me if I want to send an error report. Whether or not I choose to send the report or cancel, another error message comes up saying "The instruction at "0x020b38ae" referenced memory at "0x021cdd70". The memory could not be "read"." And that message doesn't go away until I right click close the browser or ctl alt delete and close the application. ??

#4 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

Maybe if you redownload the flash player from Macromedia's website then you might not get this error. I may not know what the errors are exactly what you just gave me. But since the sites will not open that have flash it might be because you cleaned the computer up with a tool like privacy eraser or something and it went corrupt. I have had this happen serveral times as well as java. I use Window Washer and it never has done this. Just redownload the stuff that you are needing for the site to work. Shockwave player, Flash Player and Java and you should be good to go on those sites you get the error messages on.
William Montgomery Walters

#5 Don Davis

Don Davis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

that did the trick. Thank you. It must of been a missing component in shockwave player because once I redownloaded that, everything was perfect.

Edited by Don Davis, 24 April 2006 - 07:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users