Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not update to windows 8.1 preview.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Harsh Gangwani

Harsh Gangwani

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

I tried updating Windows 8 to windows 8.1 via windows store, it says that i need an user account with administrative privileges to download the update, whereas I only am the administrator.. How can i download? Help please.

Attached File  Screenshot (27).png   361.56KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot (28).png   388.59KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harsh Gangwani

Harsh Gangwani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

How do I install Windows 8.1 Preview?

There are two ways to install Windows 8.1 Preview: through the Windows Store or through the ISO.

If you're running Windows 8 in one of the 13 languages that the preview is available in, we strongly recommend that you download the preview from theWindows Store. When you install from the Store, you can't create installation media but must download the preview directly from the Windows Store. If you're runningWindows RT, the only way you can update is through the Store. Updating through the Store will give you the same edition of Windows 8.1 Preview as the edition ofWindows 8 you're currently running. (For example, if you are updating from Windows 8 Pro, you will update to Windows 8.1 Pro Preview.) To see if you can update through the Store, see Download Windows 8.1 Preview.

If you're running Windows 8 and you want to install Windows 8.1 Preview using the ISO, it's important that you know where your Windows 8 product key is. When you update to the final edition of Windows 8.1 you'll need your Windows 8 product key to activate. To install Windows 8.1 Preview from within Windows 8, follow these steps:

• Download the ISO (.iso) file.

• Double-tap or double-click the ISO file.

• Double-tap or double-click setup.exe and follow the steps

From Windows 8.1 Preview FAQ section.

Acc to FAQ I should install Via store to keep my files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users