Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secure32.html Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oz_herb

oz_herb

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:04 PM

ok ppl im still a noob at fixing pc problems so i need some help step by step.im running 98 windows so some of the info i have found on the net to fix my problem wasnt real clear to understand or do cause they where for newer windows i guess.for the past few days i have had a problem with secure32.html changing my home page and making all the graphics fuzzy.now i think i got most of the problem of the pc using regedit but still notice some problems with explore and fuzzy pics and graphics on games.i have used hijack this from the start of secure32 problems and after fooling around trying to fix this secure32 dosnt show up on the list anymore and i can use whatever home page i want again.i have also download a hell of alot of virus scanners to fix this problem but noe have seemed to help.
can some please let me know what info you need from me to find out what my problems are...........im sure ive got more problems than secure32 but this one has caused me the most problems.thanks in advance. oz herb.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

Hi oz_herb,

Regedit and HighjackThis are very powerful programs, and if used incorrectly, can wreck your computers operating system. I know you have said you used virus scanners and such, but I recommend following our malware remove post : Start Here

This is a very simple, step by step guide to removing malware from your computer.

Good luck,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 oz_herb

oz_herb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:39 PM

thanks for the reply
ok after reading thou that again i installed sybot s and d,zone alam.mcafee avert stinger.......i have now found the pc wont run the programs because there is not enogh memery so i have to quit most everthing thing.they didnt pic up anything bad.my explorer dosnt wok properly...to get a page i have to got thou ms office to get a page up or somthing similar..and the graphics are still all fuzzy......i also get a dhelp i think it is error most of the time getting into hotmail account...at 1st i couldnt even get into it until going thou regedit to get rid of secure32 i could see.

i have about 15 programs no to clean up the pc and nothing has fixed it..what else can i do ppl?

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:50 AM

oz_herb,

Don't give up... go back to the post and try posting an HJT log. The team maybe able to whack away enough stuff to get you going again.

Good luck,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users