Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aimersoft on Start Up question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

Good morning.

Ran msconfig the other day and noticed this Aimersoft Helper entry:

Aimersoft1.jpg

I had installed some Aimersoft software as a trial version, didn't like it and uninstalled it.

I checked the usual suspects: Control Panel > Uninstall Program but did not find it there.

Did a quick search for Aimersoft and found an old File Folder, which I deleted but noticed upon my next Start Up, there is was.

The Command looks like this:

Aimersoft2.jpg

I considered drilling down to it's location and deleting it there but frankly, I'm a little skittish to be doing all that without some guidance.

Here is what the Location is showing:

Aimersoft3.jpg

Any good ideas on how to delete this Aimersoft Helper Compact.exe safely and without impacting anything in a negative way?

I did run - for the first time - the Autoruns app but it was rather exhaustive and, well, just a little bit overwhelming. I did save it as a . txt file to my desktop and would be glad to post it if that would help resolve the issue.

Did want to make note that when I ran the Autoruns app, it showed two yellow highlighted lines - one for the Aimersoft Helper and another for Internet Explorer, which I seldom use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Bueller?   Bueller?   Anyone?   Bueller? 

Look, I even inserted a funny emoticon  >>   :sombrero:

So...after Googling a few other places, I discovered this but it seems risky and I honestly don't know anything about running scripts like this.

My other possible option is that when I Right-Click on the Aimersoft entry in the Autoruns window (and please note that the Autoruns entry is colored Yellow) I have the option to Delete...but if I delete it there, is the application actually removed from my computer or just kept from running?

I've considered trying to run Revo Uninstaller but the last time I did that the choices / options were rather daunting and I've seen many a Bleeping Computer member suggest that I not run that application without a little guidance...so that's what I'm looking for.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. 

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 JacobOwnzU

JacobOwnzU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:42 AM

So here is what I did was I went to the location of the file which was on C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Roaming\Aimersoft
If it's not located there then search your computer for it. However once you find the folder the program is installed inside of, Right click on the folder and click on Properties. Then next to Attributes: Unchecked Read only (only applies to files in folder) and then click apply. Click OK, wait then once it's done applying the attributes, click OK. Then Right click the folder again and click Delete. Once the file is deleted, Empty your Recycling Bin, then Restart your computer. Once it turns back on, the program should be gone. If it's not then I would contact a TechSupport. I did all of this exactly how I explained it and it actually worked. Hope this helps you out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users