Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help On Wireless Keyboard And Mouse.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Hi, we are upgrading our office to be as cordless as possibe...

But before I go shopping, I have feedback from friends that wireless keyboard and mouse can only have max 2 pieces (same band and model) in a small area within 3 metres. If the 3rd piece come in, then I will have some conflicts?

I understand from logitech that they uses channel 1 and 2 only, which only supports 2 x wireless desktop? True?

So is it possible to use 4 x wireless keyboard and mouse in the same small area without coflicts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

When they talk about channels, they mean like if you have a cordless phone, it says 900mhz, or 2.4ghz or something similar. Other things have channels also, like wireless routers and walkie talkies. Obviously the reason walkie-talkies have different channels is so other people cant listen to your conversation, thats why wireless keyboards have channels also, you probably dont want information magicly typing up on someone elses computer!

Most wireless keyboard manufacturers make thier wireless keyboard/mouse's wireless reciever have only 2 channels. If you do get 3 or more keyboards in the same area, as long as they are far apart enough, you shouldnt have too many problems. The best idea would be to set them up so the first person has CH1, the second person has CH2, and the last person has CH1 again, so both the CH1 keyboards are as far apart as possible. There are also keyboards that have more then 2 channels, but I cant name any off the top of my head. Be careful though if you purchase 2 channel keyboards, as there was a story not too long ago where 2 people had the same HP wireless keyboards on the same channel, and they lived over a football field away, (waaaay out of the range) but due to weather conditions they could see what each other was typing from thier computer.

HTH

-Nick

#3 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:06 AM

Hi, so any solution if I wanted four nearby tables to use wireless keyboard?

Get 2 x logitech,
Get 2 x microsoft...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users