Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

either blank or scrambled screen on turning on the notebook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firstbloodviper

firstbloodviper

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi Bleeping Computer....

Right now I have a serious problem on my notebook....

My Notebook is HP Probook 4421s

Here are what happens before it goes completely mess right now....

1. I was surfing on the internet, when suddenly a notebook pop up, and disappear again (this is what i suspected to bee the root cause of the problem)

2. then I continued surfing as usual..after about 1 hour, my screen started to scramble "a little bit", then it goes blank for 1 second, then a pop up on my bottom right screen says something about "disk driver has recovered......"  

3. i don`t know what to do, then while I`m searching how to fix the problem, it happens again....

4. it happens about 3-4 times. At the last time, the scrambled screen become worse...

5. I decided to do "system restore", but after restarting, it goes to completely blank screen

6. i turn off the notebook, wait about 15 minutes, then turn on again, still only blank screen

7. i read about "hard reset (15 minutes hit power button while unplug power cord and battery", still blank screen

8. try, 2-3 times, i give up, and wait until tomorrow (today)

9. then i try to turn it on again, the screen is on, showing some vertical thick line of scrambled screen. i can hardly read what the screen is showing, but it still fail to start up the windows...

10. I try to hit F10 repeatedly, then it comes up to some page (hp back up system? with hp logo on bottom right), then it shows some menu, i choose something like "run-in test", it has run for about 30 minutes, and i just wait what happens next...

My question is : is it hardware or software problem (virus???)... and would you assist me to fix it ?

Thank you very much... =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

It looks like it's hardware. "showing some vertical thick line of scrambled screen"

Are you able to see a screen like this (BIOS boot post screen)?

c02120758.jpg

Please post some screenshots of your issue. (If possible) Try to post also the screen like above if possible. 

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 firstbloodviper

firstbloodviper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

i`ve sent it to HP service centre, and receive reply that I must buy and replace the part named : SPS-BD SYS 14.0 DSC 6370, which is very very expensive... =(

what part is that ?

is it the only solution ?

or any other solution SHOULD I try before I execute the advice of HP service centre ?

if there any other solution, I probably need the step by step instruction, because my notebook seems not showing anything on the screen...lol

right now, i plan to call back my notebook, and see if there any other solution available...

Thx for the help =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users