Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frame rate drop in most games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sandalman3000

Sandalman3000

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

All my games used to run fine with no problem. However recently most of my games experience a frame rate drop from 30-60 fps down to 1-5 fps. This drop lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute and then I can around 5-20 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay.

GTA tells me that me video card is not being overworked and task manager tells me that my computer isn't being overworked either.

I have defragmented, dusted my computer, updated drivers, and deleted things off my computer with no luck for anything.

Games that lag include :Left 4 Dead 2, GTA IV, Minecraft. Games that don't include League of Legends.

Video Card is NVIDIA GeGorce 9500 GT with approx 2,797 MB of memory. 

Only thing that I notice that would be out of place is that my current display is 32 bit but I have Vista 64 bit. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moamen

Moamen

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hi,

Your problem seem illogical. Are you sure that the GPU is not spiking? I suggest using GPU-Z during gameplay to see what is occuring. This program shows heat, fan speed, usage etc.

It may help in identifying the problem.

Edited by Moamen, 30 July 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#3 Sandalman3000

Sandalman3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

When the lag starts GPU Load and Memory Controller Load both dip from 95% to 5% and the temperature of the GPU dips as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users