Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Uninstall Norton Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MsDee

MsDee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers:
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Norton antivirus that was preinstalled on my computer? I am having trouble with my IE and so am not able to uninstall manually.
Thanks for any help!!
MsDee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

How to Fully Remove Norton 2004 and newer
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42247/how-to-completely-remove-norton-security-products/

Tools Needed = * SymNRT.exe clcik on this in red and it will download.

Just go to the link above and follow the instructions and you will be all set.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:56 AM

If ThorXP's idea isn't working for some reason you could always try Uninstall Plus! It is a program that is available on a trial basis HERE. I use it regularly and like it. Not only will it start a specific program's uninstaller, but then it will search the registry for any traces of the deleted program.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users