Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 System Freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 manmeetvirdi

manmeetvirdi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hi

Have a HP laptop (G6-2005AX) with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit installed. My system gets freezes all of a sudden. When this happens I have no option but to use power button to kill it. If I keep the system as it is, then after 30 mins or so it reboots itself. When this happens neither mouse works nor any key combinations of keyboard. One worry point is CPU temperature is >100 degrees centigrade. Is it normal?

Attached is the system specification generated using Speccy. How can I know what (hardware/software) is causing this problem?

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Manmeet.

Mod Edit: Removed serial number from attached log at OP's request.

Attached Files

Edited by bloopie, 03 August 2013 - 12:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

The temperature you report isn't remotely normal. It certainly isn't cooling like it should. Beyond cleaning the cooling ducts with some canned air, I don't think there is much most people can do easily. If you haven't had some experience servicing computers in the past, your first time shouldn't be with your laptop.

Don't get me wrong, it's doable, and HP has service info online, but don't get into the machine if you aren't comfortable and confident. If the computer is in warranty, I suggest you use it. Otherwise, I'd suggest hunting a reputable shop.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users