Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to uninstall Windows programs using Ubuntu?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 psycopuppy

psycopuppy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Alright, so I'm brand new to ubuntu. I installed it on an sd card so I can access my Windows files so I can maybe fix my dam computer. I have a couple of programs that I believe are causing windows to not boot properly. So I installed Wine and tried running the uninstaller from the windows program. Both programs said they were uninstalled but when I rebooted not only was the problem still not fixed the files that the programs said had been removed were still there. Any Tips?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

psy wine is just a program for linux that lets you run some and not all windows programs. it will not uninstall your windows programs. try starting windows in the safe mode and check your startup programs. also is you have ccleaner install you could run that while in safe mode or you do the same things with the command msconfig. good luck.

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 psycopuppy

psycopuppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I cant start windows in safe mode. or regular mode. or even recovery mode. It only sucessfully boots into Ubuntu. I can access all my data from windows, I just can't get the dam computer to start up in it.

#4 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

can you download anything thing either in ubuntu or windows. if so download a program called redo. it is an iso burn it to cd and use it you might be able to fix windows. it is a live cd . here is a link.

http://redobackup.org/

worth a try 

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#5 psycopuppy

psycopuppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

So I'm confused, does this program wipe your hard drive, backup your data, and then reinstall everything the way they were?

#6 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

you should be able to access windows and maybe fix. also if you ALREADY have a backup file on your windows installation you might be able to access it with the program. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users