Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 wont boot into safe mode or recovery mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psycopuppy

psycopuppy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ok, so I'm helping someone can help me on here. I was origionally running Windows 7 but had to install Ubuntu alongside it. I was installing a game, then started playing it while it continued downloading (it was a streaming download.) It ran fine for about 10 min, and then the computer froze. I decided to restart it and now it wont boot back up. Everytime I try booting it into either safe mode or regular mode it gets to the windows loading screen and then goes to the bsod and restarts. When I try booting it in safe mode it will load all the drivers until it reaches aswrvrt, then bsod flashes and it restarts. I tried booting it into recovery mode but it will reach a gray screen and then hang. I can move the courser around but nothing loads. I installed Ubuntu on a sd card so I can try and fix the problem. I can access all the data on the hard drive, so I tried uninstalling avast and the game. I dont think it worked since I can still see the files.Does anyone know what I am talking about and can help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

Your Windows installation has corrupted in some way. If you cannot enter the "Last Known Good" option from the recovery screen you should then be looking at booting from a repair disk and repairing your file system.

EDIT: that is a windows repair disk specific to your OS that I am talking about.

Edited by TsVk!, 17 July 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#3 psycopuppy

psycopuppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

know anywhere where i can download it? or what search term i could put in to find it myself? or if i could somehow go into the windows filesystem and edit a file?

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

search... windows 7 pro/home/whatever, however many bits you have, repair disk iso download.

Then create a disk with it, don't copy to disk. Then change your boot order to your cd drive first (hit f8 or f2 on boot to get in the bios to do this) save and exit with your repair disk in the drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users