Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to remove program (can't open log file)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Good morning,

I'm having a problem, the newest windows update has caused one of my programs to not work. It is a CAD/CAM software called UCANCAM. The program will open and seems to work great until you attempt to save, open, import, ect. I called the manufacture of our machine that supplied the program, he said to uninstall the program and reinstall. Problem is when trying to uninstall a error message pops up saying "Can't open log file" not sure what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cody

Even a flying squirrel can find a nut every now and then.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sounds like you will have to contact the manufacture of the computer once again and tell them that your having issues uninstalling the program, perhaps they have instructions for a manual removal, then you may need there help to re-install the program. I assume you have the software where you can re-install it correct? If you do not have the software, you need to get that first before you go and uninstall anything.

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Try using Revo Uninstaller.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

What was the windows update ? You might try to uninstall that update then see if you can access.

Regards..........................

#5 ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I contacted the Mfg. of our CNC machine (supplier of software) and their software guy response was "do you know anyone tech savvy?" So they will be no help probably as well as the software company located in Shanghai.

Checked with Emachines and Microsoft that both said they could help me for $99 or so.lol

Anyways to answer above

dc3 I just tried Revo but produced the same "Can't open log file"

And sikntired the updates are for .net framework... Can give full name if that would help some. I'll try to uninstall them now.

Thanks guys,

Also please excuse my ignorance of any terms, I'm new and not computer savvy

Cody

#6 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hi ktm113mcp,

No need to apologize. We just need to get to the root cause of the issue. According to your initial post everything worked okay up until windows last updated. Correct ? So uninstalling that particular update and reverting back would allow us to know if that contributed to your issue.

Regards.............

#7 ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Sorry guys it took me a bit, I uninstalled the updates, but the same message is still shown. One thing I have noticed is since this has happened my files saved by the program now have the program icon out beside them, before they were blank page icon. I have another computer running the software but prefer to get this one fixed as it makes life simpler. I also tried reinstalling the program but during loading it throw up a missing file error. Can get the exact message if it would be of help.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

You could try to do a System Restore to a date prior to the update.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

I am considering doing this, but we use QuickBooks software, worried what will happen to transactions made since the last restore point. Will we have to re-input them or will they remain? I'd be in it deep if I lost them.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

If would delete what ever has been added after the restore point chosen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users