Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Borders

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sunblast

Sunblast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

This is a problem that started just a couple of days ago. On certain kinds of objects, specifically flash cartoons/games, a border will appear around the item when I move my cursor over it. This isn't such a big deal, but it won't let you actually interact with the object (like clicking buttons) until you click on it once. Once it's clicked, the border goes away and everythign works fine until the next time you try it. This gets very annoying when trying to navigate a site that uses lots of these kinds of objects. If I hover over the object, it says, "Click to activate and use this control." It can't be right clicked until I "activate" it. This happened right after the computer needed to be shut down to install some updates, so I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft is behind this (I believe my OS is Windows XP home edition).
Here's some pics taken from Homestar Runner:
Before putting my cursor over it:Posted Image
After putting my cursor over it: Posted Image
Any suggestions on how to negate this thing? It's just so dang irritating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:37 AM

Ok I went to the site and seen this. I believe if you have those in the right order then there is a problem. Because there is not supose to be a border around it after you click it. There is a border around it before you click it. Then when you click it then there is no border then you can click on the buttons that is has on the website. Tell me if you can do this.
William Montgomery Walters

#3 Sunblast

Sunblast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:43 AM

Yeah, I can do that.
I guess I didn't phrase it so well. The border appears before I click it, but only if I put the cursor over it. After clicking it, the border disappears and I can operate normally until I move to another page.
This is happening on a lot of sites for me. It happens at Newgrounds when I watch a flash, play a game, or rate a submission. It even happens at Armoury Games if I try to use the buttons at the top.

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

An IE update causes it--

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/912945

See this too--

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Try Google & type in -- click to activate and use this control

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#5 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:03 PM

This is suppose to occur. You must not worry. It is set up this way for those websites.
William Montgomery Walters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users