Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista machine has multiple copies of updates and no restore points.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I have a Compac Presario C700 laptop here that all of the sudden shows several copies of a couple of updates. KB2813170 (at least 13copies) KB2839229 (at least 11copies) It will not restore and says it has no restore points. Says it did not store last restore point correctly.  I tried disabeing AVG but still no restore. Has "D" drive backup but can't seem to get to it either. Should I change boot mode and boot from "D"?

I sure hope this is a new post and I'm not messing up again Hamulius!

Sudsy

Update.

ok a successful restore. Now it downloaded 2 copies of KB2799494.

Overall the machine seems to run ok but these constant repeat updates have me concerned.

Edited by sudsy, 15 July 2013 - 10:18 PM.

UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi sudsy,

You might try here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339

0 user(s) are reading this topic