Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are my 2 Java Plug ins bad? If so How do I repair them?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hello everyone,

I have 2 Java plug ins that apparently are bad. I have searched the internet for information on how to repair them, but I keep getting the same old run around! I go to a Website claiming to have the answer only to be redirected to another website, a Computer Software website! You download the software program, it scans your computer to "find the Bad files", Then it lets you know how many "Bad Files" you have, they tell you to click "Fix all", However when you do you have to buy a "License" to "Activate" the "Full" Program to be able to Fix all of the found "Bad Files"!  What a SCAM!!

I have gone to Microsoft.com ,Sun Microsystems Who makes Java, and about 10 different computer related websites that range from Software companies, Geek Squad or Geek Net, Squido,  to DIY advice,

But then I found another article on Microsoft Community pages that say that these 2 are for older website software and generally can be disabled or deleted.

So can someone PLEASE, straighten this out for me? 

The 2 plug ins are:

Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper jp2ssv.dll

Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper ssv.dll

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Reset your browser and forget them, they are almost legacy now.

Or you can just delete them from your plugins, but it sounds like you've installed other rubbish that will effect your browser now.

It may not be so easy to get those 'file fixing' programs off. Uninstalling them with Revo Uninstaller and then running adwCleaner then JRT may not be enough...

Edited by TsVk!, 18 July 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

THanks for the reply and help!

I did a little "House Cleaning" and uninstalled some if not most of those programs!

Now I got one program that self installed even though I did not select it to install or I checked the box to not install it! SO now i am off to start a new post for that problem! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users