Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seagate Barracuda Drive Detected by BIOS but not Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flying_suser

flying_suser

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hello All,

I've installed a 3TB, Seagate Barracuda STBD3000100 SATA on our 32 Bit Windows 7 system in a Dell Optiplex. Though the BIOS recognized it with correct disk size , the computer is NOT  able to find it. The "Disk Management" tool of  "Computer management" utility doesn't see anything other than the main booting drive.

The SeaGateg DiskWizard software too can't be installed as it can't find a Seagate Drive.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Secondly if correctly Installed can this drive be used as a secondary booting drive?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Everything You Need to Know About 3TB Hard Drives PCWorld - http://www.pcworld.com/article/235088/everything_you_need_to_know_about_3tb_hard_drives.html

Louis

#3 flying_suser

flying_suser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

There are some issues with the 3TB I understand like available memory and using it as a booting drive, but I'm clueless why Windows can't find the drive 

while the BIOS can.

Can someone tell me how to set on  "automatically detect drive" option in the BIOS?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users